- Listed: July 28, 2020 11:22 pm
- Expires: 99122 days
Make Family Time Active Time
You might think that the goal for children to be moderately physically active for 60 minutes seems like a lot of time. Life does get busy, but it doesn’t have to stop you from moving as much as you should to stay healthy.
Make moving more a family project. Encourage everyone to think of fun things to do to get up and moving, get off the sofas, and away from the screens—especially by doing things as a family.
There are many ways to enjoy physical activity together as a family:
- Bike to the library together
- Walk or bike to your children’s sports events to cheer for them
- Have your children come to your sports events and cheer for you
- Celebrate special occasions—birthdays, anniversaries—with something active, such as a hike, a volleyball game, a dance contest, or a Frisbee™ match
- Train together for a charity walk or run
Keep a Family Activity Log
Encourage everyone in the family to take part. Make sure you keep up the good work by posting a physical activity log (94 KB) on the refrigerator.
Everyday Ideas to Move More
Encourage every member of your family to move more each day. Think of ways to have fun and be active at the same time. Here are some ideas to in
975 total views, 2 today