- Listed: January 5, 2022 11:25 pm
- Expires: 98582 days, 16 hours
Healthy Habits for Summer
- Choose water workouts and make a splash as you get fit and strong.
- Add color, variety, and flavor to your meals with fruits and vegetables fresh from your local farmers market.
- Visit museums, the zoo, or an aquarium and walk for hours without realizing it.
- When the sidewalks sizzle, get moving indoors with a fun fitness video or DVD.
- Start a small garden in your yard or in a community patch to exercise, grow healthy food, and have fun with family and neighbors.
- Plan a weekend hike through a park, a family softball game, or an evening walk around your neighborhood.
- Fuel your summer with nutrient-rich foods like whole grains, fat-free or low-fat milk and cheese, seafood, lean meats, poultry, eggs, beans, nuts, and seeds.
- Drink plenty of water before, during, and after exercise, especially when the temperature soars.
- Strengthen your muscles at least twice a week with push-ups, pull-ups, or lifting weights
- Beat the heat with an early morning activity. Go for a walk or bike ride while watching the sun come up.
For free brochures about physical activity, nutrition, and weight control, call the Weight-control Information Network at 1–800–860–8747.
1538 total views, 1 today